|Full name||Ian James Poulter|
|Date of birth||January 10 1976|
|Born||Hitchin, Hertfordshire, England|
|Spouse||Katie Poulter (opens in new tab)|
|PGA Tour wins||3|
|DP World Tour wins||12|
|Career high world ranking||5th|
|Current tour(s)||LIV Golf, Asian Tour, DP World Tour|
|Caddie||James Walton (opens in new tab)|
|Sponsors||OKX, Recast, Woburn Golf Club|
|@IanJamesPoulter (opens in new tab)|
|@ianjamespoulter (opens in new tab)|
1. Poulter turned pro off a handicap of four, developing his skills as an assistant pro at Leighton Buzzard Golf Club where he would often give kids lessons for £1.
2. His first club was Chesfield Downs in Hertfordshire.
3. He worked under coach Lee Scarborough.
4. He is an avid Arsenal fan and has even worn one of the team’s shirts during a tournament. He once had trials for Arsenal’s North London rivals Tottenham Hotspur when he was 13 years old.
5. His first tournament win was over 36 holes. He shot 66 both days and won £1,500, which was the equivalent of two months’ work when he was an assistant pro.
6. Poulter started playing golf when he was four years old with a cut down 3 wood. His dad, Terry, was a single figure player.
7. He joined the Challenge Tour in 1999 and secured his European Tour card for the 2000 season. He won the Sir Henry Cotton Rookie of the Year award on the European Tour in 2000 after winning his maiden title at the Italian Open. He later joined the PGA Tour in 2005 and moved over to Florida.
8. His best result in a Major came at the 2008 Open Championship at Royal Birkdale, where he finished second to Padraig Harrington.
9. Poulter has had 10 regular European Tour wins, two WGC victories, and one other PGA Tour win. The PGA Tour victory came in 2018 at the Houston Open, which he needed to win to qualify for The Masters the following week.
10. The Englishman is a huge Formula 1 and regularly attends races.
11. He is an avid car collector and is reported to own 14 Ferraris. He sold one of them, a Ferrari F12, to Rory McIlroy. His collection was estimated to be worth $25m by the Car Collectors Club (opens in new tab).
12. He has won four points in a Ryder Cup on two occasions, once in 2008 at Valhalla, and the other in Medinah in 2012. At Medinah, Poulter’s five birdies in the last five holes to secure a crucial point on Saturday evening gave the team the impetus needed to pull off the incredible…
Click Here to Read the Full Original Article at Golf Monthly RSS Feed…