HILTON HEAD, S.C. – The Alabama women’s golf team is in a tie for 10th place after Monday’s opening round of play at the 11th annual Darius Rucker Intercollegiate. The Crimson Tide finished the first 18 holes of the three-day, 54-hole tournament with a team score of 13-over 297.
Three UA golfers ended round one among the top-25 individuals to lead the Crimson Tide on the day. Kynadie Adams, Benedetta Moresco and Isabella van der Biest each tied for 23rd place with at 2-over par 74 to pace the Tide.
The three-day, 54-hole annual event is being played at the par 71, 6,281 yard Long Cove Club in Hilton Head Island, S.C.
Round One Highlights
- The Crimson Tide began the day on the 10th hole and finished its front nine at 3-under par for a hot start out of the gates
- Alabama combined for 10 birdies through the first nine holes including three by Isabella van der Biest
- van der Biest ended her round with four birdies on the day which is tied for fourth among all golfers in the field
- Kynadie Adams, Benedetta Moresco and van der Biest each carded rounds of 2-over par 73
- Sarah Edwards is in a tie for 68th position at 7-over par 78, while Emilie Øverås rounds out the Tide starting five at 8-over 79 and is in a tie for 73rd overall
- All three days of the Darius Rucker Intercollegiate will be televised live on Golf Channel, 1:30-4:30 p.m. CT.
- All but two teams in the 17-team field are ranked among the top-50 teams in the nation according to Golfstat.com, including 12 teams in the top 25 and six inside the top 10
- No. 4 LSU and No. 6 South Carolina lead the field at 1-under par and were the only two teams to shoot par or better on the day
- No. 15 Auburn (+1), No. 2 Wake Forest (+7) and No. 9 Baylor (+7) round out the top five teams in the clubhouse
- The Tide ranks second in the field with 13 birdies as a team
- Alabama will tee off the second round at 9:10 a.m. CT and is paired up with Georgia and Virginia
- Live coverage on the Golf Channel begins at 1:30 p.m. CT
- In addition to the live television coverage on the Golf Channel, livestats can followed throughout on Golfstat.com
For all the latest information on the team,…
Click Here to Read the Full Original Article at University of Alabama Athletics…