MADISON, Wis. – Wisconsin men’s golf continues their spring season as they head to Aiken, South Carolina to compete in the Cleveland Golf Palmetto Intercollegiate at Palmetto Golf Club. The Badgers will play a total of 54 holes between Monday, March 6 and Tuesday, March 7.
Here are five things to know before the Badgers tee off:
1. Last Time Out: The Badgers last competed at the Puerto Rico Classic from Feb. 12-14 where the team placed fourth out of thirteen teams, passing up five top-50 teams. Clayton Tribus led Wisconsin with his second top-5 finish this season as he shot a -9 to T5. Cameron Huss also found a place in the top-10, T10 after carding a -7. Coalter Smith finished with a -6 to T14 while Maxime Legros completed the tournament with a +1 to T42. Daniel Aas rounded out the lineup for the Badgers, finishing T65 with a +8.
2. The Course: The 26th annual Cleveland Golf Palmetto Intercollegiate will take place at the Palmetto Golf Club in Aiken, South Carolina on a par-70, 6,617-yard course. Palmetto Golf Club was founded in 1892, making it the second oldest golf club in the country. The Palmetto is known for its unique greens and strategic bunkering.
3. The Tournament: The intercollegiate will be played on Monday, March 6 and Tuesday, March 7, with 36 holes being played on Monday and 18 holes on Tuesday. Tee off on Monday begins at 7 a.m. CT and Tuesday at 8 a.m. CT. Both days will begin with a shotgun start.
4. The Field: Teams competing include Davidson, Dartmouth, Francis Marion, Furman, Gardner-Webb, Mercer, Presbyterian College, Samford, South Carolina, USC Aiken, Temple, VCU, Virginia Tech, Wisconsin and Wofford. In the lineup for the Badgers are Clayton Tribus, Cameron Huss, Coalter Smith, Maxime Legros and Daniel Aas.
5. The Gallery: Fans can follow live stats on Golfstat and live updates on Wisconsin at the @BadgerMGolf Twitter page.
Click Here to Read the Full Original Article at Wisconsin Badgers…