JOHN’S ISLAND, S.C. – The Penn State women’s golf team concludes its week-long southern swing at the 10th-annual Briar’s Creek Invitational hosted by the College of Charleston at the Golf Club at Briar’s Creek on Monday and Tuesday.
The Nittany Lions have been in the field at each of the previous nine Briar’s Creek Invitationals finishing fourth in 2018 and as high as second in 2014. Penn State is poised for another strong showing at the par-72, 6,116-yard course this week.
Penn State opened its spring trip earlier this week at the UNF Collegiate posting a final round 2-under, 286, to climb eight spots on the leaderboard and into a sixth-place finish in the 17-team field. The 2-under round was tied for the low round of the day as the Nittany Lions were one of just three teams to post red figures in the final round.
- The host College of Charleston looks to regain its title against 15 additional teams this week headlined by several teams from Power 5 Conferences.
- Penn State is one of six Big Ten teams as the Nittany Lions are joined down south by Maryland, Nebraska, Illinois, Iowa and Rutgers.
- Boston College, NC State and Miami represent the ACC while Campbell, UCF, SMU, Old Dominion, North Florida and East Carolina round out the 16-team field.
- The Nittany Lions competing this weekend remain consistent from last week’s event with senior classmates Mathilde Delavallade (Royan, France), Sarah Willis (Eaton, Ohio), Isha Dhruva (Katy, Texas) and Taylor Waller (Canonsburg, Pa.) joining sophomore Drew Nienhaus (St. Louis, Mo.) while sophomore Michelle Cox (Allentown, Pa.) will tee it up as an individual this week.
- Delavallade paces the team with a 71.78 stroke average while Willis is second on the team with a 72.91 stroke average and Dhruva is third at 73.65.
- Delavallade has three-straight top-20 finishes and six overall in eight events this season with four of those finishes being top-10’s.
The Nittany Lions will be paired with Old Dominion and Iowa for the first and second rounds on Monday and begin play on the back nine off holes 10-12 with an 8:45 a.m. shotgun start.
Live scoring for the duration of the tournament will be available HERE.
Penn State will have the next month off from competition before returning to the links with the Lady Buckeye on April 15-16 as a final…
Click Here to Read the Full Original Article at Penn State Athletics…