NCAA REGIONALS INFORMATION
May 15-17, 2023
The Cliffs at Keowee Falls
Salem, South Carolina
7,126 yards | Par 72
Purdue Aims for Return to NCAA Championships
• For the second straight season, and third time in the last four years, the Purdue men’s golf team heads to the Southeast for the NCAA Regionals, being selected for the Clemson Regional at the Cliffs at Keowee Falls.
• The Boilermakers are in search of its fourth NCAA Championships appearance in the last nine tournaments. The top-five finishers from the regional will advance to the Grayhawk Golf Club in Scottsdale, Arizona, on May 26-31, for the NCAA Championships. Purdue hasn’t played in the NCAA Championships since 2017 (Rich Harvest Farms; Sugar Grove, Illinois).
• Purdue is one of seven Big Ten teams to advance to regionals, joined by Illinois, Indiana, Michigan State, Northwestern, Ohio State and Wisconsin.
Purdue on Record-Breaking Run
• Purdue will play in its eighth NCAA Regional in the last nine chances after missing Regionals in 2021 — although we contend that Purdue would have played in Regionals if it played in the fall season of 2020. It’s the best stretch for the Boilermaker program since the 50s and 60s.
• Purdue made 19 straight NCAA Championship appearances from 1949 to 1967, winning the National Championship in 1961.
The Underdog Role Fits Well
• In five of the seven previous years, Purdue has exceeded their seeding expectations at NCAA Regionals advancing to the NCAA Championships three times and losing in a playoff once in the process. Now in 2023, Purdue hopes to play better than its seed to reach its fourth National Championship in nine years.
The Regional Field (National Rankings)
• INorth Carolina (2), Georgia Tech (11), Texas A&M (14), San Diego State (23), Georgia Southern (26), Arkansas (35), PURDUE (38), New Mexico (47), Clemson (54), Furman (59), Middle Tennessee (64), Northern Illinois (123), Long Island (185), Longwood (201).
Boilermaker Team Notes
• Purdue is just 3-4-0 against teams in the Regional field, owning wins over Furman and two over Northern Illinois. Purdue faced North Carolina in the Calusa Cup, New Mexico in the Hootie at Bulls Bay, Georgia Tech at Inverness and Texas A&M at the Badger Invite.
• Purdue golfers have played six total rounds in NCAA competition, posting a…
Click Here to Read the Full Original Article at Purdue Boilermakers…