Women’s Golf | May 17, 2023
USC Head Coach Justin Silverstein, who led the Trojans to a 2023 Pac-12 title and a No. 9 seed in the upcoming NCAA Championships, has been named to the Watch List for the 2022-23 Division I Jackie Steinmann WGCA National Coach of the Year Presented by Golf Pride.
The award will be announced after medal play at the upcoming NCAA Championship. The recipient is selected by a prestigious collection of women’s collegiate golf coaches who follow criteria that has been established to identify the top head coach for the past year.
This is the third consecutive season Silverstein has made the WGCA Coach of the Year Watch List.
The fifth-year coach has directed USC to a pair of victories this season, including the 2023 Pac-12 Championship, the third league title for the Trojans under his watch. Troy also won the Windy City Collegiate Classic in the fall as well as four other top 3 finishes.
One of those was a third at the recent NCAA Pullman Regional, where USC qualified for its 25th straight trip to the NCAA Championships
Silverstein guide three Trojan starters — Amari Avery, Xin (Cindy) Kou and Catherine Park — to All-Pac-12 first team honors, while Brianna Navarrosa earned honorable mention notice.
Avery also competed in the 2023 Augusta National Women’s Amateur as well as in the LPGA major Chevron Championship.
Division I Jackie Steinmann WGCA National Coach of the Year Presented by Golf Pride Watch List
· Kalen Anderson, University of South Carolina
· Amy Bond, Florida State University
· Gerrod Chadwell, Texas A&M University
· Dana Dormann, San Jose State University
· Charlie Ewing, Mississippi State University
· Emily Fletcher, Northwestern University
· Laurie Gibbs, Pepperdine University
· Jay Goble, Baylor University
· Caroline Haase-Hegg, Augusta University
· Kory Henkes, University of Mississippi
· Kelley Hester, Clemson University
· Laura Ianello, University of Arizona
· Kim Lewellen, Wake Forest University
· Lauren Mason, Southern Methodist University
· Ryan Murphy, University of Texas
· Angie Ravaioli-Larkin, Texas Christian University
Click Here to Read the Full Original Article at USC Athletics…