CHAMPAIGN, Ill. — During the 2022 fall semester, Illinois student-athletes excelled in the classroom, combining for a 3.45 average GPA, setting a record of 25-straight semesters with a combined GPA of 3.0 or higher. Seventeen of the 19 varsity sports posted a team GPA over 3.0, with 11 teams recording an average GPA of 3.5 or higher.
A total of 65 student-athletes earned a perfect 4.0 GPA, with 74 percent of all student-athletes earning a 3.0 or higher during the semester.
The men’s gymnastics and women’s cross country programs each earned a 3.76, which tied the squads for the highest mark in the fall among all teams.
In addition, the men’s gymnastics, women’s basketball (3.45) and women’s cross country programs all recorded their highest GPA on record.
In December, 87 student-athletes across five sports were awarded Academic All-Big Ten honors.
By the Numbers
- Average Combined FA22 Term GPA For All Teams: 3.45
- Average Combined FA22 Term GPA For Female Student-Athletes: 3.61
- Average Combined FA22 GPA for Male Student-Athletes: 3.27
- 25 Consecutive Semesters Combined Student-Athlete GPA Above 3.0
- 17/19 Teams Earned Over a 3.00 FA22 Term GPA
- 65 Student-Athletes Earned a 4.00 FA22 Term GPA
- 74% of all student-athletes earned a 3.0 or better FA22 Term GPA
Click Here to Read the Full Original Article at University of Illinois Athletics…