NCAA CHAMPIONSHIP NOTES
• Carolina is the No. 2 seed in the NCAA Championship. The Tar Heels have improved from the No. 22 seed in 2017 to No. 13 in 2018, No. 25 in 2019, No. 6 in 2021, No. 5 in 2022 and No. 2 this season.
• The Tar Heels will be paired with No. 1 Vanderbilt and No. 3 Illinois in the first two rounds.
• Carolina is one of five schools to finish in the top 20 in the last five NCAA Championships with Arizona State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Vanderbilt.
• Carolina has the fifth-longest streak of advancing to the NCAA Championship round (16–Texas, 12–Oklahoma, 9–Vanderbilt, 8–Arizona State and 6–North Carolina).
• UNC has advanced out of regional play six straight times for the first time since advancing 12 consecutive seasons from 1989-2000.
• Carolina is the only ACC team to advance out of regional play to the NCAA Championship round in each of the last six NCAA Tournaments.
• UNC has finished in the top 20 in five straight NCAA Championships for the first time since 1993-97.
• The Tar Heels have finished T-18th in 2017, 15th in 2018, 19th in 2019, tied for 5th in 2021 and tied for fifth in 2022 (no NCAA Tournament was held in 2020 due to the pandemic).
• Carolina is playing in the NCAA Championship for the 48th time. The Tar Heels have 23 top-10 finishes, including eight top-five finishes.
• Including regional play in seasons UNC did not advance to the championship round the Tar Heels are playing in their 55th NCAA Tournament.
• Carolina’s best finishes include a pair of second-places in 1953 and 1991, third in 1993, fourth in 1960 and 1984, fifth in 1978 and tied for fifth in 2021 and 2022.
• Harvie Ward won the NCAA title in 1949 in Ames, Iowa, and John Inman won in 1984 in Houston.
• Each of the 30 teams plays three rounds of stroke play May 26-28. The top 15 teams advance to a fourth round on May 29. Eight teams qualify for match play, with semifinal and quarterfinal matches on May 30 and the national championship match is slated for May 31.
• Carolina’s lineup has played a combined 48 competitive stroke and mnatch play rounds at Grayhawk, led by Dylan Menante with 13.
Ryan Burnett, Peter Fountain, Austin Greaser and Menante are playing in…
Click Here to Read the Full Original Article at University of North Carolina Athletics…