Pac-12 Men’s Golfer of the Week (11/7/23): Tony Chen, CALIFORNIA (R-Jr., Shenzhen, China)
- Led California to its second consecutive team title with his first collegiate medalist honors at the Cal Poly Invitational.
- Tied for 50th and eight shots back after the first round, Chen closed with rounds of 6-under 66 and 7-under 65 to take a one-shot victory over UCLA’s Omar Morales at 10-under 206 (75-66-65).
- Chen helped Cal come back from being in 11th place and 10 shots back through 18 holes en route to a five-stroke win at 21-under 843 (290-277-276).
- First career Pac-12 weekly honor, third of the fall season for Cal program.
Also Nominated: Nicholas Prieto, Arizona State; Greg Solhaug, Oregon; Omar Morales, UCLA.
Pac-12 Women’s Golfer of the Week (11/7/23): Sadie Englemann, STANFORD (Sr., Austin, Texas)
- Claimed the individual title of the East Lake Cup and won a semifinal match to help Stanford reach the title match against reigning NCAA champion Wake Forest.
- 1-of-5 players to finish under par, Englemann posted a 3-under 69 to win by two and lead the Cardinal to the No. 1 seed for match play.
- Recorded a 4&3 semifinal victory against opponent from Texas A&M before dropping a 5&4 decision to defending NCAA individual champion Rachel Kuehn in the title match.
- Second career Pac-12 weekly honor (2/28/23).
Also Nominated: Morgan Miller, Colorado.
2023-24 PAC-12 GOLFERS OF THE WEEK