PHOENIX, Ariz. – The Penn State women’s golf team makes a trip out west to Phoenix and the Westbrook Invitational hosted by the University of Wisconsin this weekend.
The event is a new one for the Nittany Lions and will be held at the Westbrook Village Golf Club’s Vistas Course with 36 continuous holes of play on Sunday followed by a single round on Monday. Both days will feature an 8:30 a.m. MT shotgun start.
Live scoring for the duration of the tournament will be available HERE.
The classic par-72, 6,248-yard course has everything you could ever want in a golf course from desert transition areas, guarded greens, water shots to its risk reward drivable par 4.
- The Nittany Lions competing this weekend remain the same from the first two events this spring with Senior’s Mathilde Delavallade (Royan, France), Sarah Willis (Eaton, Ohio), Isha Dhruva (Katy, Texas) and Taylor Waller (Canonsburg, Pa.) joining sophomore Drew Nienhaus (St. Louis, Mo.) to round out the starting five while sophomore Michelle Cox (Allentown, Pa.) will tee it up as an individual.
- Waller has been extremely consistent this spring firing back-to-back 2-over scores which included a career-best T-14th at the Columbia Classic two weeks ago. Waller hasn’t carded worse than a 3-over, 75, in each of her five rounds this spring.
- Willis carded three-consecutive 70’s to open the semester at the UCF Challenge last month, including bogey-free rounds on Sunday and Tuesday, to finish the event 6-under, 210, and tied for 17th position, her 14th career top-20 finish. Willis’ 54-hole total of 6-under, 210, is the second lowest of her career and the fifth lowest in program history.
- Delavallade paces the team with a 71.65 stroke average while Willis is second on the team with a 72.65 stroke average and Dhruva is third at 73.86.
- Penn State is joined in the field this week by Big Ten foes Minnesota, Nebraska, Ohio State, Rutgers and the host Badgers.
- College of Charleston, Denver, Iowa, Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri, Oklahoma, and UNLV round out the 14-team field.
Penn State returns south to begin its spring break trip at the UNF Collegiate in Jacksonville on March 6-7.
Click Here to Read the Full Original Article at Penn State Athletics…