MADISON, Wis. – Wisconsin women’s golf returns to Arizona to compete in the MountainView Invitational in Tucson. Hosted by both Missouri and Kansas State, the 54-hole tournament will play at the MountainView Golf Club on Friday, March 17 through Sunday, March 19.
Here are five things to know before the Badgers tee off:
1. Last Time Out: The Badgers hosted the team’s annual Westbrook Invitational in nearby Peoria, Arizona and placed 14th after carding an 893 (+29, 300-302-291). Vanessa Ho led the team with a 2-over (77-69-72=218) to tie for 29th place. Teammate Emily Lauterbach finished second on the team and finished T-62 with a 8-over (73-77-74=224).
2. The Course: The MountainView Invitational takes its name from the MountainView Golf Club in beautiful Tucson and the club offers a par-72, 6,352-yard course for this tournament. MountainView provides a variety of challenging holes, perfectly manicured fairways and majestic mountain vistas. The club sits at an elevation of 3,200 feet, offering both dramatic elevation changes and spectacular views. The course also sits at the base of the Catalina Mountain range, nestled into the mesquite-covered foothills.
3. The Tournament: The first two days – Friday and Saturday – will see pairings tee off from the first and 10th holes before Sunday’s action features a shotgun start at 8:45 a.m. CT.
4. The Field: Teams competing in the invitational include Arkansas, Houston, Iowa State, Kansas State, Missouri, Nebraska, New Mexico, New Mexico State, North Carolina, North Texas, Ohio State, San Jose State, Southern Miss, TCU, Tulsa, Wisconsin, UNLV. In the lineup for the Badgers are Lauterbach, Ho, Gia Feliciano, Chloe Chan and Nicole Ciskowski.
5. The Gallery: Fans can follow live stats on BirdieFire and live updates on Wisconsin at the @BadgerWGolf Twitter page.
Click Here to Read the Full Original Article at Wisconsin Badgers…