TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – The Alabama women’s golf team is set to open its 2023 spring season this weekend at the three-day, 54-hole Moon Golf Invitational. The 17-team event will take place Sunday through Tuesday at the par 72, 6,400-yard Suntree Country Club in Melbourne, Fla.
The Crimson Tide will tee off in the event Sunday morning at 8:40 a.m. CT.
- The Tide’s starting five for the event will be Benedetta Moresco, Sarah Edwards, Kynadie Adams, Emilie Øverås and Taylor Kehoe
- Moresco, who concluded the fall campaign with a top-10 finish at the Landfall Tradition, leads the team in overall stroke average (72.60) and avg. vs. par (+0.60)
- Edwards enters the spring season after capturing two top-10 finishes in the Tide’s last three events of the fall season
- Adams also showed out last fall as the freshman led the team in eagles (2), and ranked second in overall stroke average (73.07) and avg. vs. par (+1.07)
- Øverås will compete in her second event of the 2022-23 campaign and her first event as part of UA’s starting five
- Kehoe, whose fifth-place finish at The Ally last fall was her season best, rounds out the Tide’s lineup
- The teams will compete in a five-count-four, stroke-play format
- The 17-team field features 13 teams ranked in the nation’s top 50, according to Golfstat.com
- The Crimson Tide, ranked No. 41 in the nation, will be joined by No. 8 Florida State, No. 9 LSU, No. 16 Auburn, No. 17 Vanderbilt, No. 22 UCF, No. 25 Arkansas, No. 27 Northwestern, No. 28 Florida, No. 32 Michigan, No. 38 Clemson, No. 43 Michigan State, No. 45 North Carolina
- Augusta, Louisville, Miami and Virginia Tech round out the field
For all the latest information on the team, follow @AlabamaWGolf on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. General athletic news can be found @UA_Athletics on Twitter and Instagram and Alabama Athletics on Facebook.
Click Here to Read the Full Original Article at University of Alabama Athletics…