WILMINGTON, N.C. – The Alabama women’s golf team finished the opening round of play at the Landfall Tradition at the Country Club of Landfall’s Pete Dye Course Friday, ending the day in 8th place overall with a team score of 3-over par 291.
Elina Sinz leads the way for the Crimson Tide, sitting in a tie for 17th place on the player leaderboard with a score of 1-under par 71.
- Sinz posted five birdies throughout the first round, including three on the back-9
- Taylor Kehoe is tied for 26th overall after shooting even in the first round with one birdie
- Sarah Edwards, Kaitlyn Schroeder and Kynadie Adams all are tied for 42nd overall with a 2-over par 74
- Michigan State leads the field by five strokes after shooting 9-under par 279
- Furman’s Anna Morgan and Penn State’s Michelle Cox lead the player leaderboard at 5-under par 67
- The second round will tee off Saturday morning