WILMINGTON, N.C. – The Alabama women’s golf team moved up four spots on the final day at the Landfall Tradition at the Country Club of Landfall’s Pete Dye Course, finishing in 5th place overall with a team total of 8-under par 856 (291-288-277) across the three-day, 54-hole tournament. Taylor Kehoe vaulted 16 spots on the player leaderboard, moving into a tie for 2nd place overall with a 54-hole total of 1-under par 207 (72-71-64).
Kehoe vaulted 16 spots on the player leaderboard, moving into a tie for 2nd place with a 54-hole total of 1-under par 207 (72-71-64).
Head Coach Mic Potter
“Today was a great way to end the fall season. We finally were able to establish some momentum and keep it going which had been eluding us in all 3 of our prior tournaments. Taylor Kehoe shot 8-under and made it look easy. She is very capable of competing for championships at the highest level, and today should prove that to her. The other important factor today was that Sarah, Kaitlyn, Elina and Kynadie were all in the ballgame all day. If we can have that in every tournament round it takes the pressure off from everybody.
- Taylor Kehoe posts her second top-five finish of her career, finishing in a tie for No. 2 overall
- Kehoe ranked in the top-five in lowest score on Par 5’s (4.58) and Par 4’s (3.90)
- Kehoe recorded six birdies and closed out the round with an eagle on the 18th hole
- Sarah Edwards finished in the top-20 after carding a 2-under par 70 on the final round to finish in a tie for 19th overall (74-70-70/214)
- Kaitlyn Schroeder finished at 2-under par 70 for the final round which included four birdies on the front-9
- Elina Sinz finished in the top-50 at 3-over par 219 (71-75-73) in a tie for 49th overall
- Kynadie Adams posted her lowest round of the tournament, carding a 1-over par 73 to finish in a tie for 68th overall at 9-over par 225 (74-78-73)
- Duke took first place with a score of 21-under par 843 (286-286-271)
- Furman’s Anna Morgan was the individual medalist at 14-under par 202…